The Fryers first settled in Baltimore, Maryland and then in Lexington, Kentucky. Walter Fryer is first seen on the Pendleton County Tax List in 1806. This picture shows the house in its earlier times. The Fryers started construction in 1811 and completed it in 1814. A log cabin, torn down in 1926, stood at the northwest corner of the stone house. It became a slave cabin after the stone house was completed.
For pictures from our first meeting in the Fryer House after the renovations were completed, click here.